Thursday, July 9, 2009

Its been a long while

Its been a long while since I have blogged last. Why I ask myself ?? Well, I've come up with a few reasons.

#1 Kellan has given up on 2 naps a day, which means I have less alone time to play on the computer. I think that happened quickly after he turned one. But I shouldn't complain because he wakes up @ 7ish and will quietly play in his crib until I decide to get him out which is usually around 9.

#2 Growing life is very tiring. Being pregnant (15 1/2 wks) with a 15 month old is defiantly slowing me down and I don't like it !! I want my will to do back. I've never been one to sit around, but I am now !! I wake up dreaming of Kellan's nap time so I can rest, not blog !!

Other than that, I really have a good excuse. The whole reason I started this blog was so I would have a way to journal what was going on in life with a baby. I quickly found out with a new baby that everything happens so fast and as much as you think you remember every little detail forever, you can't possibly. So I really need to get back on track before I'm derailed permanently. Why today, well my poor baby is sick with a fever and sleeping more than usual allowing me extra free time.

Since my last post a few exciting things have happened. We finally @14 months took Kellan out of his baby car seat and put him in a a big boy one. At 1st he wasn't loving it, but now he so does. He loves to be able to look out the windows @ all the passing trucks.

He looks so little compared to that big ole seat.

He is now walking like a pro. I guess for a month now. He just let go one day and went, and hasn't slowed down since.

We now have 3 top teeth and 4 on the bottom.

We took him for his 1st haircut a few weeks ago and he hated it. He cried the whole time.

He's completely off the bottle and has been since he turned one, but he has never figured out the sippy cup, so he drinks his milk form a straw cup.

I think that's about it where Kellan's concerned. To keep myself updated with the new life growing in my tummy, I guess I should write a little bout that. Like I said, I'm currently 15 weeks and 3 days. Its seems like its taking forever !! I have been very blessed with no morning sickness or any real issues to speak of other than being beat down, could have something to do with the 100+ temps outside too ? I am dying to know what we are having, but we won't find out until 20 weeks, not sure if I'll make it that long. I'm pretty sure it will be another sweet boy, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't praying for a girl.


These are some random pictures from the last 2 months.

As always he loves the outdoors, and doesn't seem to mind puddles or bushes.



Normally this would be a major NO, NO, but in a mad attempt to do some ironing, it kept him occupied for quite some time. I think before it was all said and done, he emptied both bowls of dog food.

If I'm in the kitchen, so is he. He has found all kinds of goodies from the cabinets that daddy has yet to baby proof. He manages to completely destroy all since of organization I may have had in my cabinets on a daily basis. But he has fun doing it and that's all that counts !!




That's all for now, but I promise to myself to keep up already !!

1 comment:

Alison said...

So glad you're back to blogging!! I had to share that I had a random thought today about the gender of #2 and it was a total BOY thought. But I'm praying for girl too! You need a girl to bedazzle. :)