Friday, February 20, 2009

Morning, Glory

I can't help myself with this one. Those who know me, know I love pretty flowers and plants. One of my all time favorites are Morning Glories and Moon Flowers. I'm not sure why these are favs, just are. You can never find them in plant form at the nursery, so I have always had to grow them myself with seeds. Well, I haven't done this in a while, for sure not since we lived here. I had bought seeds and a little green house thing last year but never got around to it, not sure why, oh wait, NEWBORN, that's right !! So I came across them the other day and thought, I'm gonna start these. In my past experience, they always take lots longer than the package says (10-14 days) to germinate, plus I wasn't gonna put them in a "warm sunny window", so I figured, I better get them going to have then ready for spring. OK, so I put the seeds in on Monday 2-16-09 and I took these pictures yesterday. AMAZING !! FYI, they are twice as big today, but the Moon flowers have yet to really sprout. Stay turned for more Morning Glory pictures !


For those of you who don't know what Morning Glories look like, below is a picture. They are a beautiful, bright, viney plant that blooms in the morning.
Below is Moon Flower, they bloom by the moon light.

No comments: