Tuesday, March 3, 2009

February Re-cap

I feel like its been a while since I've posted anything new about Kellan. Its probably because he's been so super busy. So I thought while he was napping I would do a little re-cap from Feb. I keep a calendar by the computer and when something, anything happens I want to remember, I write it down. I really need to go back and do a post for every month with all the highlights and dates.....another day !!

So, as I look back at February's calendar, a lot has happened. He has mastered Patty-cake. You say patty-cake, and he starts clapping. But if you say "clap" he looks at you like your stupid !! Now that we got that down, we are working on bye-bye, which he gets a little better every day. He does the open and closing of the hand kinda bye-bye, not the wave kind.

He sprouted his 1st tooth 1-31-09 and a 2nd appeared 2-9-09. Both on the bottom, and quite cute. They have tripled in size now. I think I see the start of one on the top, his left, we'll see. I must say, but should probably knock on wood 1st, teething, so far, ain't bad ??
With 2 teeth, he can really eat anything. He is liken the bottle less & less & eating more real food. He most nights eats what we eat. Last night he self feed himself chicken & carrots, and he has polished off a whole banana on a few occasions. Most of the times he is to lazy to feed himself so we have to top him off the spoon feed way. On the eating topic, I have to tell that the dog food has made into him mouth, and he freakin loves it. He'll be cruising around and I'll notice this brownish drool and realize what it is from. I try to pry it out of his mouth, but he's not giving it up. If I could just teach the doggy's to keep their food where it belongs we wouldn't have this problem !!

For about 2 weeks now, he has figured out how to crawl on all fours, problem is, if he's on all fours, he can't carry a toy, so most of the time he still cruising in his elbows, with a toy in his hand. This past weekend he got real good at crawling around while pushing his toy lawnmower, very talented !!

He is getting much better at standing, he most days will manage to pull himself up to a stand using a toy to support him, problem is, once he's done standing, he doesn't really know how to sit again ??

About mid-month he started making the "fish face", its so, so funny & cute. I can't seem to get a picture of it yet.

What else, oh, he can crawl up stairs. He made it up about 10 at my bros house. And he can find me anywhere in the house. If I go potty, here he comes. Kitchen, he's right behind me. Office, he cruses so fast down that hallway to get me. And once he's in the office, its all about the computer for him.

It was a sad day last week when while Kellan was in his bed I heard the sound of his mobile, which meant Kellan had discovered it and was pulling on it to make it play music. Needless to say, I had to take it down. His bed/room just doesn't seem the same with out it.

I think that's about it. He will be one THIS month. So crazy & not right. Yet he still fits into lots of his 3 month clothes!!

I have been bad about pictures lately, mostly because if I take the camera out, he crawls towards it because he wants to play with it. I did take a few the other day, so here you go.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did a year go???

that bottom picture is so Kellan - cute as can be!