Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A yummy recipe

My dear sweet late g-ma (Grandji) was an awesome cook. I am the proud custodian of her recipe collection. I have high hopes of getting them all typed for sharing and creating some sort of book for the family. Slowly but surely, I will succeed. From time to time I thought I would share a few with the rest of the world. This one sounded extremely yummy !! Let me know if anyone is brave enough to try.


Pizza Casserole
8 oz spaghetti, cooked as directed
2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 can tomato soup
1 cam cream of mushroom soup
2 tbsp Worchester sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
Mozzarella cheese for the top
Brown meat, onion together. Drain, add spices and soups. Alternate beef mixture with cooked spaghetti in 2 quart casserole dish. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes, top with mozzarella cheese, bake 10 minutes longer. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then cut into squares and serve.

This is a picture of a few of the bagillion cook books my g-ma had. They are really cool, some are from the 40's and 50's.

No comments: